**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links
I have used Birthday Express for Lena's parties, including her upcoming third (gulp!) birthday, and have had such positive experiences, so when I got an email about becoming an affiliate, I definitely jumped on it! Honestly, I am a little wary of promoting products, but since I have experienced nothing but good service and quality products, I figured I'd go ahead and do it, since I would definitely recommend them (and actually have, several times!) anyway. So, since I know a ton of moms with summer babies, and a ton of kids who love Frozen, I give you some "cool" offers (pun awful and totally intended).
Create a Winter Wonderland with Frozen Party Supplies from Birthday ExpressPrincess Elsa and Princess Anna have captured the hearts of children and adults around the world. If you have young children you have probably had the movie on repeat since it released on DVD. Help bring the Kingdom of Arendelle and all of their friends to life with Frozen birthday party supplies from Birthday Express.
At Birthday Express, you can shop Frozen-themed party supplies, favors, decorations, costumes and more! Some of our favorite products are the 41" Olaf Jumbo Balloon and the Deluxe Anna and Elsa costumes. Right now at Birthday Express, you can Get 10% off all Frozen party supplies through 6/29. Be sure to shop this collection today and turn your next party into a winter wonderland!
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Sunday, June 15, 2014
So, it's Father's Day. Did you call your dad today? I imagine not many dads are big phone talkers. Mine is not. So it will probably go like this:
Me: "Happy Father's Day!"
Dad: "Thanks. How are you?"
Me:"Good, you? Any plans for the day?"
Dad: "Just mowing the lawn/Planting flowers/Insert awful mundane chore here"
Me: "Well, that doesn't sound fun..."
Dad: "Eh. Hang on, here's Mom."
Done and done. I just don't think most dads are huge phone talkers. It's a thing. Pretty much everyone I also also has this same "thing". So don't fret, Dad, you're normal.
HOWEVER. Upon doing this post, and looking for pictures, I have realized that there are two pictures in my possession of just me and my dad. Two. I threw in a third with my brother for funsies. Now, I do recall him being the photographer for most of our childhood, and there are pictures of all of us, and I am sure some more at my parents' house, but Dad, consider this post your fair warning: There will be more pictures taken. #SorryNotSorry.
So, give dad a call, even if he isn't really a "phone guy", tell him how much you love him, or remember a dad you're missing today. Wishing you all a wonderful day!
And of course, my babies hanging out with their daddy:
Friday, June 13, 2014
1. Ride an elephant. Or a camel. Or something exotic. Whatever. This guy looks friendly.
2. Go parasailing. Because I find it to be terrifying, but pretty fantastic. Plus, if my mom can jump from planes, then I can go parasailing, right?
3. Have something published. Obviously, not this post. And probably not on that typewriter.
4. Dye my hair a crazy color. Specifically, blue or something of the like. And not feel like a weirdo (I think that might be the hard part, no?)
5. Visit all 50 states (only 14 to go!) and as many countries as humanly possible. And let's skip the ones that may try to maim or kill me. Maybe a better goal would be to step foot on every continent (only 4 to go!)?
Friday, June 6, 2014
1. Because I am flat out of ideas. Seriously, I can't come up with a thing to say. I stare at the screen as though something is going to flash across it saying "Write about THIS!". And then I get mad at myself because of course, nothing does, and I've just wasted an hour I don't have.
2. The pressure. Mom things are so damn complicated. I have no idea why. But for me, this has turned into just another competition. "My kid peed on a toilet first." "Well, MY blog has all the sponsors." (Spoiler alert: My kids wear diapers and I have exactly zero sponsors.) Maybe it is my imagination, or maybe it is reality, but I just feel like I can't compete in another "mom game" right now.
3. I don't have a niche. Most mom bloggers have a "thing". Many are crafty, green, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, whatever champions. I seem to be a champion of winging it. This is not to say that it isn't helpful to read about, but I simply can't do it right now without feeling all "blah" about myself and my role.
4. This thing:
5. These things:
They take a lot of time, and a lot of work. Worth it? Of course. And I'd rather be less stressed while spending time with them.
So, dear readers, don't fret, I am not on a permanent leave, or even a legit hiatus. I am just taking a step back, trying to redefine myself, and put more energy into things I am feeling better about at the moment! But, I still value each and every one of you, so I promise that when I do post, it will be from the heart!
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Sponsored by Strider Bikes
Hosted By Economical Mommy
Co-Hosted by Mama Foster
Once you have your first child you start to think about all of their firsts. With Riding their bike being one of them. You think about how you are going to teach them and all the joy that will come. Oh, did I mention the scraped knees the falling off and your kids getting mad?
Well Say goodbye to all of those things and say hello to pure and utter joy as your child learns to ride a two wheeled bike without petals. Strider bikes make balancing bikes (bikes without pedals). Strider Bikes helps your child overcome those anxieties oh and it helps you relax a bit too. ;-)
To see the full review of how it works and too see a strider bike in action head on over to Economical Mommy.
For a chance at winning your very own Strider Bike ($89+ Value) check out the form below!
Rules: US only, 18+
Entry: You can enter more than once a day
Winner: Only one winner will be selected. The winner once chosen by Rafflecopter will have 48 hours to respond or another will be selected.
Have Fun EVERYONE!
Friday, May 30, 2014
1. Catching Fire. Because of course. I loved the book the most, and I loved the movie the most, and that is the end of the story. Come binge-watch with me!
2. The Hunger Games. Again, this isn't a huge surprise for anyone.
3. Mean Girls. Because I could watch this movie all day every day and never get bored. "You go, Glen Coco!"
4. Remember the Titans. I will never not cry while watching this. Ever.
5. The Mighty Ducks movies. Especially D2. Because you know, "Ducks Fly Together" and all that.
What are YOUR favorite movies of all time?
Friday, May 23, 2014
Photo credit: niseag03 via photopin cc
4. Read all the books. Now I am clean, rested, and have had my fill of online silliness. Obviously, I have some reading to do! So, since money is no object, I am going to buy all the books from my Kindle Wish-List (yeah, all 204 of them, so?) and then probably read a book I already had.
5. Drink wine. Lots and lots of wine. I love Barefoot Bubbly Citrus Fusion. Which is odd, because I generally don't like citrus. But it will be divine. Photo credit: www.barefootwine.com
What do these things have in common? I have to walk no more than five feet from my bed to get to any one of these locations. Some of them, of course, occur in bed. Bliss=achieved. In pretend-land.
What would you do on a mythical day without responsibilities?